Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Spending Money to Save Money

The Scene: Walking into the grocery store

The Players: Mr. & Mrs. Supercute

Mr. Supercute has just spied some strapping high school boys standing in front of the local grocery store, selling coupon books for the football team.

Mr. Supercute: NO. You are not buying one.

Mrs. Supercute: < Giggles to self > OK.

Mr: Don’t even think about it. We never used the last one.

Mrs: I promise I won’t buy one.

Mrs: Cause I bought one yesterday!

Mr: < Sighs heavily >

Mrs: I’m sorry! I’ll never do it again! … But I really think we’ll use it this time.

Mr: Fine.

Mrs: I promise, never again.

Mr: Fine. We’ll see how this one works out. When we have used all the coupons and have saved a thousand dollars, maybe you can buy one next year.

0 comments:

Post a Comment