Friday, April 16, 2010

Five for Friday

I know, I know, I've been gone forever. I have some really good excuses though, I promise! I'll explain everything in today's five:

1. I got married! Do you know how much work goes into a wedding? Holy crap! In all honesty it was without a doubt the best day of my life. Not only did I marry my best friend, but I got to spend the day with all the people in my life who I love. It doesn't get much better than that. I'll have some more detailed posts with pictures coming up soon.

2. I went on a honeymoon! Mr. Supercute and I took a 2 week cruise through the Panama Canal with stops in exciting places such as Columbia and Costa Rica. Again, more details to come in the future. I will say we had a completely blissful time reveling in each others company and not thinking or worrying about a damn thing. And thanks to getting the Norovirus (or something like it) on the last day, I only gained 2 pounds after all my eating!

3. I have a seriously messy house. We had a week before the wedding and the honeymoon, but with family in town and the need to pack for said honeymoon, I didn't get much housework done. That is project numero uno, but I'm actually looking forward to it. We never fully unpacked after moving in so I'm looking forward to getting officially settled over the next few months. Also looking forward to finding the perfect places for all of our wonderful wedding gifts.

4. Our yard looks fantastic! Even though the house is destroyed inside, you would never know from the outside. My father-in-law had told us he was planning on coming up to the house while we were gone to mow our lawn. He went above and beyond! He hired a family friend who has a landscaping business to come over and get our yard in shape; mowing, weeding, raking, the works. It looks fantastic and ready for summer. As an added surprise he also bought and installed a shed for us as a wedding present. We don't have a garage so we needed somewhere to store all of our yard tools and such, and now we have it! My father-in-law is awesome.

5. I am excited to be cooking again. I had been doing minimal cooking for the month or two before the wedding, and on the cruise everything we wanted was already prepared and served to us, so I am looking forward to doing my own cooking again. I have some recipes I'm all ready to try out (including German pancakes and a fantastic looking macaroni and cheese) so be on the lookout! Plus it means I get to use those aforementioned wedding presents.

Talk to you soon friends. I have lots more time to bore fascinate you all!

0 comments:

Post a Comment